2023 Outstanding Women in Manufacturing Award
Each year SVAM accepts nominations for its Outstanding Woman in Manufacturing Award. The nominees are scored by a panel of judges based on company and community impact. Throughout the 10 years of SVAM’s Outstanding Women in Manufacturing program, many amazing women have been recognized for their contributions to the world of manufacturing in Southwest Virginia. The purpose of this program is to change the image of manufacturing and highlight the significant role that women play at all levels in manufacturing. It is SVAM’s hope that through the positive example that the winner and honorees of this award display, other women will be encouraged and see the opportunities they have to succeed in a manufacturing career.
Thank you to all of the companies who submitted nominations for the 2023 Outstanding Women in Manufacturing Award.
It is with great pleasure we announce the winners of this year’s Outstanding Women in Manufacturing Award:
Management Category: Shelly Wiseman, Materials Manager, Strongwell
Hourly/Production Category: Nancy Hicks, Production Coordinator,
Administrative Support Category: Bobbi Marin, Document and Data Control, Somic America, Inc.
We would also like to congratulate the honorees for this year’s award. Each of these women have made very notable contributions to their company and the community, setting the example of what it means to be an outstanding woman in manufacturing. We applaud them all!
- Management Category:
- Mary Linkous, Inventory Control Manager, Somic America, Inc.
- Jennifer Scott, Site Controller, Amcor
- Linda Meland, Quality Manager, Scholle IPN
- Misty Christian, Human Resources Business Partner, Tempur Pedic
- Ronda Holt, Sales Executive, Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Wendi Hurd, HR Manager, Woodgrain
- Hourly/Production Category:
- Susan Nelson, Machinist, Real Performance Machinery
- Tara Jones, Section Leader – Metal Fabrication Dept., Hitachi Energy
- Stacey Cole, Team Leader BU 10, Somic America, Inc.
- Sharon Barbrow, Data Coordinator, Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Administrative Support Category:
- Shea McPeak, Payroll and Benefits Coordinator, Somic America, Inc.
- Tammy Kinser, HR Generalist III, Komatsu
- Rhonda Petty, Safety Coordinator, Woodgrain
- Venus Fields, Sanitation Supervisor, Shearer’s Foods
Please visit our 2023 Outstanding Women in Manufacturing page for more information and to view winner profiles. Or click on any name above to go straight to her profile.